Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shattered Promises Teaser!

Shattered Promises is coming out in 3 days! Thought I'd share a teaser to celebrate :)


**Mature Content Warning** 17+ for language and sexual content.
( A New Adult Paranormal)



“Then tell me something real.” I practically beg, but I need things to feel real at the moment, because it feels like I’m drowning in a sea of illusions.
He places his hand beside my leg, not touching me, but close.  “The first time I saw you, I was scared.”
That isn’t what I expected. “You seemed pissed.”
“I was pissed, too.” He scoots forward and our knees brush. “But pissed at myself for feeling the way that I do.” His jaw tightens and then his hand moves to my hip. “I was taught not to feel that way.”
My muscles constrict beneath his touch and every ounce of Laylen’s comfort singes into ash. “To feel what way?”
His lip part, then he shuts his eyes tightly. “Out of control. Lost. Confused. Terrified. I’m not supposed to let those things get to me.” His eyes open and I suck in a breath at the rawness they emit. “You want to know something real about me, Gemma? I’m empty. Dead. Completely numb inside, except for when I’m around you. I’m hot and cold because I try to fight it, because that’s what I’m supposed to do—that’s the right thing to do.”
What’s right and what he wants. “But you don’t want to? You want to feel them?”
He nods. “I want to do a lot of things.” His fingers burrow into my hip and I shudder as heat caresses my skin. He bends his elbow and with one hand pulls me across the seat towards him. When I’m near enough, his free hand grabs my waist; he lifts me up and sits me down on his lap so I’m straddling him. My chest heaves erratically as he traces his finger up my cheekbone and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.
His lips dip towards my neck. “Whenever I’m around you, I forget everything else.”  He doesn’t explain if that’s good or bad and I don’t get a chance to ask him because his teeth nip at my neck and I forget how to speak.
I bring my hands up to the back of his neck, then slide them up and tangle them into his air. His mouth opens and his tongue rolls along my neck. I draw his face closer and lift my hips up and his mouth nears my collarbone. I’m fully ready to go back to the feeling I experienced on the bed in the cabin. I want him to explore me further. I want him to touch me all over, but he gives me a quick kiss and then pulls back. I’m about to object when he picks me up by the waist and I nearly smack my head on the ceiling of the car as he lays me down on the seat. Then he covers my body with his and kisses me hard, stealing my breath away.
When our bodies can’t take it any longer, he pulls away and looks down at me as we both pant. I can feel it, just like he said, the numbness being filled and I need more. I move my hands up his muscular arms and the longer I touch him, the more I let go because I let my emotions own me. When I reach his back, I try to force him to me, but he shakes his head in protest.
I frown. “What’s wrong?”
His eyes shadow over with a look that sends my body into a fit. He kneels up and grabs my arms roughly. I let him because I want to and that’s all that matters. In one quick motion, he pins my wrists together and restrains them above my head. Then he lowers himself back on me as his hand glides down my body...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17166774-shattered-promises

No comments:

Post a Comment